The Irish Moiled Cattle Society is pleased to announce a virtual ‘Irish Moiled International Online Cattle Show’ organised for this summer to try and make up for all agricultural shows cancelled due to the Coronavirus.
The launch of the online show will take place on the 1st June 2020 with judging of the classes taking place on Sat 8th Aug 2020. There will be a wide range of cattle classes to enter, including a haltered pedigree section a non-haltered pedigree section, half bred classes and young handler classes, all open for anyone to enter from 1st June 2020. As well as the wide range of classes, there will be lots more accolades to be collected in the various championships, including novice championships for each constituency.
The event will be judged by Mark Logan from Clandeboye Estate, Bangor who is highly respected and has an impressive record of judging duties in the pedigree Irish Moiled and dairy cattle sectors.
Entries are to be submitted by Fri 24th July 2020 at 10 pm. Photos and videos are to be uploaded to the new online platform, cloud-lines-shows. Winners will be announced on “Show Day”.
How to Enter
- Go to cloud lines show website here
- Click on…. Join show
- Click on the classes you wish to enter then submit
- Upload all the photos and videos of all the animals entered on the media section
- When the class entry has been granted, you will receive an email (approx. 6 hrs) from the show organisers, then go to the appropriate class, add the details requested of the animal and attach the appropriate photos/videos from the media section.
If you have any problems, please get in touch with one of the show organisers or go to the Support section then click on Help. The 2 videos of most interest are.
1. How do I request access to the show?
2. How do I submit an entry?
The Classes are as follows;
HALTERED SECTION/CATTLE SECTION
1A. Senior Bull born before 1st Jan 2018
1B. Cow born before 1st Jan 2017
1C. Senior Heifer born in 2017
1D. Senior Championship….1st and 2nd places in classes 1A to 1C
2A. Intermediate bull born in 2018
2B. Intermediate Heifer born in 2018
2C. Intermediate Championship….1st and 2nd places in classes 2A & 2B
3A. Junior bull born between 1st Jan 2019 and 31st Aug 2019
3B. Junior Heifer born between 1st Jan 2019 and 31st Aug 2019
3C. Junior championship…1st and 2nd places in classes 3A and 3B
4A. Autumn born Heifer calf born between 1st Sept 2019 and 31st Dec 2019
4B. Spring born Heifer calf born after 1st Jan 2020
4C. Autumn born Bull calf born between 1st Sept 2019 and 31st Dec 2019
4D. Spring born Bull calf born after 1st Jan 2020
4E. Calf Championship….1st and 2nd places in classes 4A – 4D
5. Overall Championship…Champion and Reserve of classes; 1D,2C, 3C & 4E
6. Pairs class
UNHALTERED SECTION/RARE BREED SECTION
1A. Senior bull born before 1st Jan 2019
1B. Cow born before 1st Jan 2018
1C. Senior Heifer born in 2018
1D. Senior championship….1st and 2nd places of classes 1A – 1C
2A. Junior Bull born between 1st Jan 2019 and 31st Aug 2019
2B. Junior Heifer born between 1st Jan 2019 and 31st Aug 2019
2C. Junior championship….1st and 2nd places of classes 2A and 2B
3A. Heifer Calf born after 1st Sept 2019
3B. Bull calf born after 1st Sept 2019
3C. Calf championship….1st and 2nd places of classes 3A and 3B
4A. Overall Championship…champion and Reserve from classes 1D, 2C & 3C
1. Young Handlers, 16 and under – ROI constituency
2. Young Handlers, 16 and under – NI constituency
3. Young Handlers, 16 and under – GB constituency
4. Overall Young Handler Championship…. winners of classes 1-3
5. Half bred Irish Moiled Heifer born in 2019 (Haltered and/or Unhaltered)
6. Half bred Irish Moiled heifer calf born in 2020 (Haltered and/or Unhaltered)
Rules and Guidelines for exhibitors entering the Irish Moiled International Online Cattle Show
– For each animal entered, it is preferred that 3 photos and a short video are all submitted to show off the animal. The photos ideally should consist of a front view, a rear view, and a side view. The video should be approximately 20 – 30 seconds showing the animal walking.
-For promotion of the breed and judging of the animal’s good quality photos and animals well-presented are encouraged.
-Photos and videos submitted for each entry should have been taken after the 1st Jan 2020.
-Exhibitors are limited to no more than 2 entries per class.
-Animals should only be entered in 1 section, in its appropriate class. The same animal should not be entered in the haltered section and the non-haltered section.
-Animals entered in the show should be pedigree, registered in the Irish Moiled Cattle Society Herd Book. In the calf classes, the entrants should be at least birth notified. In the half-bred classes, either the mother or the father (but not both) of the animal should be a pedigree registered Irish Moiled animal.
-Classes will be amalgamated by the organisers and/or the judge if there are insufficient entries in a class.
-The judge’s decision of class placings will be final.
-In the Young Handlers classes, 2 photos and a short 20 – 30 second video is preferred. One photograph should be a side view with the animal stood up to be inspected by a judge (handler to be included in the photo) , the other photo should be a front view of you walking the animal towards the judge. The video should be of you walking the animal away from the camera, turn and walk back towards the camera, stopping so that the camera is getting a side view of the animal and then standing your animal up for the judge.
-When entries are uploaded online it will be assumed that the entrant is giving permission for their videos/photos and details be used in show reports and all publications. Photos and videos used may be requested to be sent direct to the Society.